- It tells if they are young or old
- It tells if they are happy or sad
- It tells if they are fair or dark or darker
- It tells if they are male or female (usually)
- It tells if hardship has been their friend
- It tells... well so many things...
Faces can tell what is in the soul and what is on the mind. I love trying to capture that most of all. The challenge of capturing the likeness it really important but to capture a mood, a feeling, an emotion or the character of the person is very fulfilling.
This is part of a drawing that I did called, "Crisis Pregnancy Blessed Hope." I tried to imagine what it must have been like for Mary in those days when they would have stoned an unmarried woman who was caught pregnant.