Friday, August 27, 2010

Fooling Around


I just read a news letter from Robert Genn entitled "The Fine Art of Fooling Around." I found it very encouraging because that is what I do most of the time with me Art. And come to think of it, most of what I do in life seems to be in this fashion. I don't really like doing things the normal way or the way most people are doing things; and what is normal anyway?

In the news letter he talks about loosening up, listening to music and getting happy. I can't turned out anything decent unless I do these things. I put on gospel praise music or just worship Jesus Christ in my thoughts and it always turns out so much better then I think it will.

I also work on numerous pieces at once. If I don't know what to do next I just put it aside until I do. I play a lot and don't worry if when I come back to a piece I want to completely paint over it. It doesn't matter because now I have some interesting texture underneath the paint-over. I experiment a lot and sometimes have a hard time remembering what I did to get a certain effect when I want to do it again. Oh ,Well, that is way it goes and now I know it is the fine art of fooling around!

No comments:

Post a Comment