Friday, August 13, 2010

Rejoice!



I have been working on this painting for a long time. I guess I am one of those artists that works on many paintings once. Sometimes I have look at it for awhile to see how I want to finish it. I work a little here and there.

Now, I had a hard time deciding what to name it. Oh my, well, usally I get a name for right away but this time I just couldn't think what I wanted to call it. Naming a painting is kind of like naming a child. As an artist you put so much into you work that it really does feel like your baby. They are special because you put something of yourself into each one.

Anyways back to the name. Well, I could call it something with flowers or garden in it but I have lots of those. I decided to think about how it made me feel and what it was saying to me; what I was trying to say through it. "Rejoice!" That's it!

Rejoice means to be glad; take delight; to rejoice in another's happiness; to make joyful; gladden: a song to rejoice the heart.


And THAT is what I want people to feel when they see this painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment