Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Beauty



Summer is so beautiful this year because of the rain we've had. As I drove to my friends house through the country side I was just amazed at the beauty of the green fields intermingled with the bright yellow ones of canola meeting the brilliant blue sky on the horizon. The grand clouds billowing up were breathe-taking.

We sat around the table visiting and sipping tea. She showed me pictures she had taken of the sky the night before. Hasn't the sky been amazing this summer? We are in awe.

I painted some summer flowers she had placed in a little vase. The first one is called "Joyce's Flowers." The second is called "Boutique of Flowers" because each one of us is like a flower and when we all come together with our various gifts and personalities we form a beautiful boutique. We are better when we are together.

No comments:

Post a Comment